My Nokia 5800 XpressMusic has been losing data on its microSD card.
I noticed when I tried to run rsync from a Linux machine, it reports i/o error, and the file system becomes read only.
- Back up all data on the microSD card except directories containing problematic files producing i/o error.
- Reformat the microSD card by using the file manager on the phone.
After formatting, as I tried to rename the microSD card, I noticed I could only use a name with at most five (5) characters. Before, my microSD card was formatted and named by a Linux machine with a name longer than 5 characters.
- Restore all files back to the microSD card.
N/A. Still testing.